Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

This last Saturday I boarded the train that would take me to sweet home, Chicago.

It has been over two years since I have been here, and I am so glad to be back for two weeks. My parents are so happy to have me home for a little while, too, and getting the chance to catch up with my extended family is great.

Last week I got out my suitcase, set it down on the bed and began to investigate the closet to see what I should bring along.

Little Leo immediately made his way onto the bed to investigate this new object.

"See? I fit purr-fectly!"
He sniffed, and peaked, and leaped inside.

Then he curled up and looked at me.

"See? I fit purr-fectly!" he said.

It sure was cute, but it also made me realize that this is the first time that I will really be away from him. I mean more than several hours. And completely out of state. Not just going away for the day and getting back in the evening.

My fella told me yesterday that Leo was acting "weird." Which translated into him seeking attention a lot.

Poor duder!

"You're coming back, right?"
This experience is good for him, though. It shows him that I can go away and he will still be taken care of. Plus, it shows him I can leave, even for an extended amount of time, and come back. I won't abandon him!

Besides, I did tell him where I was going and when I would be back. But, you know kitties: in one fuzzy ear and out the other.

Of course, this may not be the longest I will be away from him. Soon I may need to leave him behind while I go on a personal adventure of sorts.

Intrigued? Yeah, more on that later.

Well, time for me to go enjoy some more time at home. In the meantime, please enjoy this classic:



— E & L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...