Thursday, September 13, 2012

What's In A Name?

"What do you mean
she's come up with another name???"
Most of the time, especially when I am talking about him to other people, I refer to my orange fur-ball of a kitty as Leo.

So?

So, "Leo" is actually a nickname... it is short for Leonidas. Which brings me to my real point: this isn't his only nickname.

Ohhh, no siree!

Little Leonidas has many names that have sprung from my mouth over the last nine months.

Let's see how many I can remember, shall we?
  • Duder
  • Chaton
  • Squeaker
  • Squeakie
  • Squeaks
  • Snoozer
  • Mewser
  • Big Stretcher
  • Kittywampus
  • Ferocious Tiger-Cat/Tiger-Kitty
  • Mr. Fuzzy Cheeks
  • Fluffers
Well, there is a sampling. And, to top it all off, I am determined to keep adding more and more "middle" names to his so that he has a ridiculously long name. You know, kind of like Dumbledore (Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore)? Only, even more ridiculous, if possible.

So far, he only has three:

Leonidas Viggo Baggins

Leonidas is after the Spartan king, Leonidas.

Viggo is after Viggo Mortensen who, according to the LOTR extras, used to headbutt his costars all of the time. Well, Leo sure likes to headbutt, and so I thought Viggo would be an appropriate extra name.

And Baggins. Well, Baggins is obviously a Lord of the Rings reference, and it is so I can say, "Of course he does, he's a Baggins!"

I'm only slightly obsessed, okay? Slightly...

Leo is turning into Leo: The Cat of 1,000 Names.

And oh, yes, "Brian" will make it in there somewhere...


— E & L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...